Non Surgical ThreaD Lift
Using innovative micro-suspension technology, a Medical Aesthetics Advanced Injector is instantly able to lift aging skin in the mid-face area and gradually renew the body’s natural collagen for a visibly more youthful appearance. The Non-Surgical Thread Lift or a thread facelift, is an effective way to lift loose skin without the need for surgery
HOW DOES A NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT WORK?
The Non-Surgical Thread Lift is a procedure in which threads are inserted just below the surface of the skin to lift aging skin creating a youthful appearance. A Non-Surgical Thread Lift stimulates the natural production of collagen, elastin, and binding tissue. The natural production of these regenerative elements allows your body to maintain the results of your Non-Surgical Thread Lift.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF A NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT?
The results of a youthful appearance from a Non-Surgical Thread Lift are seen immediately by lifting sagging, aging skin in the mid-face area and gradually restoring volume and repositioning skin by stimulating new collagen production. The cosmetic rejuvenation procedure takes only 45 minutes and requires minimal downtime for a more youthful appearance that continues to improve over time and lasts up to 2 years.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING MY NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT TREATMENT?
The procedure begins with an initial consultation with a Medical Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner where the patient’s concerns and expectations are discussed. The Non-Surgical Thread Lift treatment can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once a treatment plan is established a local anesthetic is administered to avoid any discomfort during the procedure. Your provider will then insert the threads just below the surface of the skin with a fine needle or cannula.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER MY NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT TREATMENT?
Following your Non-Surgical Thread Lift procedure, you can expect to have some bruising, swelling, and soreness in the treated areas. Your skin may also feel tight. You’ll need to give yourself about 2-3 weeks for all tenderness to fully subside and for everything to heal. You may also see some dimpling, in other words, the skin may not appear as smooth as you would expect it to be immediately following treatment. This is completely normal and will improve on its own over the next 2-3 weeks. You may even hear what has been described as a “pop” under your skin
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS OF A NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT LAST?
A Non-Surgical Thread Lift instantly lifts aging skin and improves facial volume for a youthful appearance in the mid-face area that continues to improve over time and lasts up to 2 years.
WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT TREATMENT?
A Non-Surgical Thread Lift is the ideal solution for those looking for a quick, minimally invasive option to restore their mid-face’s youthful lift and volume.
PRE-TREATEMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR A NON-SURGICAL THEAD LIFT
· Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
· Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
· Schedule your Non-Surgical Thread Lift treatment at least 3 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Non-Surgical Thread Lift treatment will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time.
· Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days following your treatment.
· Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
· Reschedule your appointment for a Non-Surgical Thread Lift treatment if you have had a viral illness, have taken antibiotics, or have had any kind of dental procedures in the previous two weeks.
· Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of light-headedness during your treatment.
· Apply cold packs immediately after procedure if required (should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion points
· Acetaminophen may be taken in case of pain (2-3 days)
· Refrain from applying makeup for as long as possible. Makeup may be gently applied after a minimum of 24 hours.
· Sleep face up, elevated on pillow for 3-5 nights
· Do not rub face aggressively when washing, shaving, and drying face for 5 days, be gentle
· Avoid excessive neck and facial movements for two weeks.
· Avoid participating in high impact sports (running) for two weeks.
· Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and UV light for two weeks.
· Do not use saunas for 3 weeks
· Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
· Avoid facial or face-down massages and facial aesthetic treatments for 4 weeks.
· Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your Non-Surgical Thread Lift treatment.